I’ll try to add things here as I come across them and link back from other posts, but I’ll try to start a running list of things all members should be doing here, including how to configure TeamSpeak 3 for use on AK907 servers, how to use the home page blog and menu system, how to receive notifications in the forums, and other things.
How do I install TeamSpeak and connect to the [AK907] TeamSpeak server?
You can download TeamSpeak here. Choose the client software (not the server) and then select the correct version of the client (3nd 32-bit or 64-bit versions if you’re using Windows — if you’re not sure, click here). The process is straightforward so just follow the steps and accept all the agreements.
Once TeamSpeak is installed, open the program and you will be prompted with an introductory setup wizard. It is best to go through this introduction, as it will help you set most of the necessary settings needed in TS. Please be SURE to enable Push-To-Talk for the AK907 TeamSpeak server, as this is a rule to be allowed on the server. Not following this simple rule can result in frequent and often channel kicks, and could even result in a temporary ban.
Once this is complete, select “Connections” in the upper-left hand corner of the window, and select “Connect” from the dropdown menu. For server address, enter the [AK907] TeamSpeak server address (ak907.net),and in the nickname box enter your Battlelog ID so your teammates know who is talking. Leave the password box empty as there is no password needed for our TeamSpeak server and leave all the other boxes their defaults, unless you know what you are doing. Click the Connect button to be connected to our servers default channel – The Lounge. To switch channels, simply double-click the channel you wish to join! When not in the gaming channels, please try to watch your language as you never know who could be listening – several of us have young children that we would prefer not to hear (or see, in the case of nicknames) foul or inappropriate language. In the “Gaming” channels, anything goes though!
How to use the AK907 Forums
Signing up for and registering on the forums should be a self explanatory process, so I won’t insult you with providing that information here… Suffice to say, just click the “Register” link and follow the directions.
Once your account has been created, there is an admin-approval process where admins MUST click a link to enable the account. We’ve been burned in the past and have accidentally allowed spammers/spambots into our forums, which is why admin-approval is required for new accounts. This may change when AK907 grows to be a bit bigger and there are regular forum sign-ups, but for now you must wait until an admin physically clicks the “Activate Account” link before you’re allowed to post on the forums. Generally, this is done relatively quick and we will add you to the appropriate groups so you have the correct forum access around the same time.
Once your account has been activated, you may log in to the forums and start signing up to receive email notifications. This is HIGHLY recommended as it provides a little email “reminder” whenever someone posts on the forums that you need to check them out. This is especially useful if you have a smartphone and receive email on that device. To subscribe to the forums, you must complete this process for EACH forum you have access to, as well as any new forums you may gain access to once your membership status changes:
- Click the forum to browse the posts (for the first forum under “General”, this would be “General Discussion”)
- Scroll to the very bottom and click the “Subscribe forum” check box (mine says “Unsubscribe forum” because I’m already subscribed)
- Repeat for every forum you have access to, or would like to receive notifications for
On another note, the reset password link does not work for the forums, but we are working on implementing a fix. In the interim, if you need to reset your password, please let me know any way you would like (though TeamSpeak is probably the best way).
This is the last item I will mention on this first post (and hopefully I will reword that if/when I do edit this post in the future… Haha!), which is the WordPress Blog Menu System… I have changed this up a little today to add some clarity to the menu items. I will list each of the menu items here and what exactly they do:
- [AK] Home – This just takes you back to https://www.ak907.net/ and is the same as clicking the banner at the top of the page.
- [AK] Server Info – Non-Clickable top-level menu item
- [AK] Clan Servers – A list of our current servers and providers/hosts.
- [AK] Battle-Stats – Player server stats for our supported game servers (BF4 right now) – go here to check your stats on our servers!
- [AK Server Rules – A complete list of all rules for playing on AK907 servers – these are also announced in-game.
- [AK] Forums – A direct link to the AK907 Forums (http://forums.ak907.net)
- [AK] Blog Categories – Non-Clickable top-level menu item
- General Information – List all blog posts under the “General Information” category
- Community Announcements – List all blog posts under the “Community Announcements” category
- Gaming – List all blog posts under the “Gaming” category
- [AK] About The Community – Non-Clickable top-level menu item
- [AK] Member Roster – A complete and up-to-date list of ALL AK907 members and their ranks
- [AK] Clan Membership App – A Google Documents form that interested parties can fill out if they wish to apply to become an AK907 member
- [AK] Volunteer Application – A Google Documents form that members can fill out if they wish to volunteer their time and services to the [AK907] Clan
- [AK] Ranking System – A page describing all of the ranks within the [AK907] Clan, what they are, how to get them, and what is expected of people who have those ranks
- [AK] Current Games – A list describing what games the [AK907] Clan plays on a regular basis (needs updating)
- About the AK907 Community – A page written to describe the [AK907] Clan to people, what we are, who we are, what we like, etc. (needs updating)
That’s all I have for today, but I will try to post additional “help information” back here on this page as the issues come up. I appreciate any and all feedback you can provide regarding this page – if something is in error, please let us know so it can be fixed!
See you on the battlefield, SOLDIER!