Last Thursday we had another great 7 plus hours of gaming with various AK 907 clan members, all competing for a chance at fame… Only one person walked away with the best K/D Ratio, and the winner is announced below! Along with the winner announcement, we have a few items of interest for the clan servers and a call for help!
Thursday Night’s Winner
Thursday we got down on several different maps, some CQD and some Reggie CQ. After tallying up the scores, it wasn’t even close… Gr0wzy pwned all of us hard with his 1.80 K/D Ratio.The next closest was myself with 1.03, then Dedaciai with .99, and lastly KUCF with .91.
I wish that the stats tracking was working on our CS:S server because we actually hopped on it the last 2 hours of the night and SEVERAL older clan members joined us for some friendly rounds of GunGame… It was a blast and the K/D Ratio would have been nice to track, but the resources weren’t available to me to track CS:S players just yet (what can I say, CS:S ain’t no Battlelog…)
I just don’t know how he does it, but congrats to Gr0wzy and best of luck this Thursday when we will be competing for another week of fame on our home page, and of course bragging rights!
This week’s competition will be to obtain the highest SKILL between 4:00 PM and 11:00 PM, on Thursday. I think this week’s event is going to be just luck of the draw because if any of us can actually manipulate the SKILL stat, I would be very surprised… From what I hear, it’s quite complex and has almost nothing to do with Battlefield at all, but more the make and model of vehicle you drive (personally, IRL).
The winner of Thursday’s event is Gr0wzy!
The AK 907 Clan’s CounterStrike:Source Server has been running with no issues for a couple of weeks now. Last Thursday several clan members hopped on during the clan event, but I was unable to track their stats due to some problems with the stats-tracking plugins on the server. I am planning on installing several other mods onto the server (ScoutzKnivez (SK), JailBreak (JB), Knife Arena (KA), Surf, ETC), but there’s a few reasons why I haven’t started on those installations…
What maps do I install?
- I know not all of the mods have a ton of maps, but it would be VERY helpful to know what YOU, the players, want from each of these mods
What mods do I install and where do I get them?
- I’m assuming SK is a mod, but where do I download the installation from, and what is it a plugin for (SourceMod, MetaMod, etc)?
- I will need to re-write the code for the ManiAdmin Menu for each of these plugins to work through the menu, AND I need to figure out how to create a command or script that will restore all of the default CS:S settings, so if we just want to play a clean round of CS:S on de_dust2 with all of the default spawn points, we can just select that option from the menu. This presents a problem to me because I don’t have time to write a new menu code just yet, but may have time in a month or three. On top of that, how do I restrict the menu so only the financially supporting members have pretty much unrestricted access, and what do I give the non-financially supporting members access to (by “restrict” I mean what should they have access to and what should they not have access to)? If you don’t support the clan, why should you have the ability to change maps, kick, change game modes, etc? These are all questions that I have that members of the clan need to come together and discuss. The forums would be an excellent spot to start this discussion, but the discussion hasn’t been started yet (check back SOON).
Battlefield 3 Server
The AK 907 Clan is still looking to purchase its own BF3 server and has made a little progress on the donation side (we’re up to just over $6!), but we’re not even half way to getting our own 16 man server, let alone a 48 man. I think that I will keep trying to promote donating to the clan for the next few months until I get enough extra cash to purchase a 48 man server for a month. Over that month we can gauge the public reaction to the server and see what kind of interest we get in the clan. If things are good and we obtain several new members over the month of having the server, maybe we can reduce the number of players on the server to a number that matches our monthly donations the next month and keep operating under such organization.
Do any of the clan members have any thoughts or ideas about the above? Please speak to GvnrRickPerry or Dedaciai so we can document your responses and make a decision to move forward based on clan input.
I would like to thank everyone for joining us for the AK907 Weekly Clan Event – it definitely makes for a fun time and gives us something to compete for!
I would like to put forward the opportunity for clan members (meaning, anyone that is listed on the roster located HERE in the forums) to be more active in the Clan. If you have time, are interested in making the AK907 Clan better, and are willing to put the time in, send GvnrRickPerry an email, Facebook message, TS3 message, or hit me on TeamSpeak and let me know what you’re interested in doing. I will see what I need to do in order to get you the access you need to help the clan out. Things I have in mind are
- Writing articles for the blog
- Optimizing the SEO for the blog
- Marketing the clan
- Upkeep on the blog, forums, clan servers, or any other function (may require technical skills and Linux experience)
- Posting daily on the Facebook or Google+ Clan page (daily posts make us look more active!)
- Brainstorming to come up with ideas for the clan
- Anything you can think of that would improve our clan image and make us more appealing to the public
Of course everyone on the clan roster is responsible for recruiting new members into the clan, so that was left out of the list above, but seriously; anything you can think of that would help the clan grow, we are open for.
That’s all for now. Until next time, see you on the battlefield, SOLDIER!