Today’s post is all about last Thursdays Weekly Clan Event winner, and everything we’ve been able to find out about the Battlefield 4 announcement.
Last Weeks Winner
Well, last weeks clan event was great with 9 people joining us on TeamSpeak to fight for the prize! We pwned it up on the new End Game maps and dominated the opposing force every time. The winner of last weeks clan event, with a total of only 4 Air Kills, is AFTERBURN321!
Congrats man, and the best of luck to those who join us this Thursday for our Weekly Clan Event. This weeks clan event challenge is to have the HIGHEST OBJECTIVE SCORE between 4:00 PM and 11:00 PM Central Time, Thursday, March 28th. Be sure you join us on TeamSpeak so you are eligible for the week of fame!!! I look forward to seeing you online tomorrow so we can pwn it up!
Battlefield 4 was announced to the media yesterday, and to everyone else this morning, and it is a site for sore eyes (that have been staring at Battlefield 3 for the past 2 years…) There’s a 17 minute video of campaign gameplay that is definitely enticing to watch:
Here are some of the key items that I spotted throughout this video, and that have me curious for more:
- Challenge Invite from XXXX – this pops up on the screen during gameplay.
- What do challenges involve?
- Are they anything like matches in the Battlefield 3?
- Baku, Azerbaijan – The “Fishing in Baku” video (above) is hosted in Baku, Azerbaijan which is located on the Eastern shore of the Caspian Sea
- Massive Environments – The skyscrapers in the video above appear to be fully accessible, or at least more accessible than towers in Battlefield 3
- Massive Destruction – The skyscraper started falling apart because it was being attacked by an attack chopper.
- This could have been a video sequence considering the video shows campaign gameplay, but it certainly look promising. Explosions from grenades look incredible!
- Trophy System – There appears to be some kind of a trophy system, or maybe this is related to challenges, in the upper right-hand corner of the video.
- Weapons are more customizable (such as the ability to detach/lay down the scope of your weapon so you can use the iron sites)
- Battlefield 4: Premium – Confirmed
What peaked your interest while watching the video? What are you most excited to see? What are you most disappointed about from watching the video? Comment below!
There’s a poll going on in the forums right now requesting a vote to change game mode rotation on the 48 slot server. Please read and submit a vote before tomorrow’s clan event!
I believe I have fixed the auto-balance issues that were happening on the AS server. I hopped online yesterday and actually got the AS server populated before I realized it was so late and I still had work to do… I also believe I’ve fixed a lot of the spam issues we were having with the forums. I know most of you guys never saw any of this, but we were getting multiple spam registrations per day on the forums and every since I implemented the fix, we haven’t had a single false registration. That being said, please let me know if you find you are having issues posting to the forums, and leave me as many details as possible so I can try to fix it.
That’s all I have for today, but I look forward to seeing you online for tomorrows Weekly Clan Event!
See you on the battlefield, SOLDIER!